Elementary Physical Education Teacher
TITLE: HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and
Health and Physical Education Endorsement or
eligibility (CE, CEAS, Provisional, or Standard)
2. Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and effective teaching methods
3. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
5. Required criminal history check and proof of U.S.
citizenship or legal resident alien status
REPORTS TO: Principal/Designated Administrator
SUPERVISES: Students as assigned
JOB GOAL: To promote pupils' safety, wellness, health maintenance and physical fitness; provide pupils with an
understanding of the relationship of a healthy body to
healthy behaviors; and to cultivate knowledge and skills
that are conducive to good physical and mental health.
1. Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district
educational goals and objectives by teaching skills in comprehensive
health and physical education using curriculum and instructional
materials adopted by the board of education.
2. Works cooperatively with other health and physical education teachers
and regular classroom teachers in planning an effective comprehensive
school health program
3. Provides health, safety, family life education and/or physical education
instruction as assigned.
4. Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and
weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively
achieve these objectives.
5. Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on
equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils.
Assumes responsibility proper use and storage of physical education
6. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to
provide an orderly, productive learning environment.
7. Evaluates each pupil's growth in health/physical education related
knowledge and skills and maintains records of pupils' progress in
class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes
these marks for reporting purposes.
8. Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement
through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
9. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to
inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
10. Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff
members in helping pupils solve health, behavior and learning
11. Participates in curriculum development activities, faculty meetings
12. Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and
13. Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and
certification as may be assigned.
EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be determined by the board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in
accordance with state law and provisions of the board's
policy on evaluation of certified staff.
Employment Category: Full-time, Exempt 10 month position.
Offer includes: Competitive Salary, Benefits and PTO. Along with NJ DOE pension, union representation, & tenure track role.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract