POSITION: Instructional Assistant-ELL (PHS) 5 hrs/day Grade 4
ASSIGNMENT: 10 Month Temporary & Grant Funded Assignment Effective August 9, 2021 - June 1, 2022
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This work involves close interaction with staff, students and parents/guardians, with the primary emphasis on the implementation of specialized educational programs. An Instructional Assistant-ELL works under the direction of ELL licensed staff. An employee in this position is expected to exercise independent judgment, discretion, confidentiality and react appropriately in crisis situations, as well as exhibit initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
- Must have or obtain State and NCLB Approved Paraprofessional designation in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education requirements.
- Should possess strong English language skills in composition, literature, reading, and/or general studies.
- Must move about frequently in the classroom.
- Must have some knowledge of computer operations.
- Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills and verbally communicate clearly and distinctly in dealing with students, staff, and parents.
- Must project a positive image of the district to students, staff, and parents/guardians as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
1. Assists students in the classroom under the direction of licensed staff by:
a. providing individualized or group instruction
b. monitoring students' work in and out of the classroom
c. explaining written or verbal instructions
d. helping students understand cultural differences
2. Assists licensed staff by:
a. providing translation of classroom material
b. administering tests
c. providing clerical assistance
3. May serve as a liaison for the ELL team by:
a. interpreting for non-English speaking parents
b. working with staff to help understand cultural differences
c. providing translation of printed material
4. Continues job performance enhancement by participating in appropriate professional growth activities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online.
Click on the Red "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS (Interviewstream). The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS (Interviewstream) system gives you ten (10) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued. Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
Please email email@example.com to request an extension.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.