Long Term Sub - ED Tech II
Biddeford Schools is seeking :
ED Tech II - Long Term Sub -Needed to assist with IEP Meetings.
1. Eligible for appropriate Maine Department of Education certification (022).
2. High School Diploma or GED equivalent, plus 3 years of post-secondary education. (60 credits).
3. Experience working with students with Developmental Delays.
REPORTS TO: Assigned teacher
1. Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the classroom or special education teacher and assist in drill and
2. Participate in required workshops by request of Building Leader, Supervisor, or Director.
3. Perform non-instructional, non-evaluating functions including suspension of students.
4. Assist in preparation of instructional materials or provide classroom management functions during emergency drills,
assemblies, play periods, etc.
5. Alerts teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
6. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information.
7. Participates in staff meetings as needed.
8. Introduce new learning in collaboration with the classroom or special education teacher.
9. Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
10. Perform short-term instruction and classroom management activities under the direct supervision of the teacher or
appropriate content specialist in the classroom.
11. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Cooperating Teacher or Building Leader.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on
Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
The School Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district shall actively work to have the teacher and administrator workforce reflect the student body's diversity.
The selection of all employees by the School Department will be based on those with the highest capabilities, the strongest commitment to quality education, and the greatest probability of effectively implementing the learning program. Selections will be made without consideration on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, and any other state or federal prohibitions. For the purpose of this policy, "sexual orientation" means a person's actual or perceived heterosexuality, bisexuality, homosexuality, or gender identity or expression.
Criminal Background Check
All employees of Maine schools must be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check. Please create a login and create an account and make an appointment for a fingerprinting appointment at https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting
Please see other Job Openings at :
Southern Maine Administrative Cooperative