Social Studies Teacher (.20)
This position is open to internal bidding. Internal bidding closes on 5/11/2021 at 3:30 p.m.
Position: Social Studies Teacher (.20)
Work Schedule: 1.6 hours/day, 194 duty days
Start Date: August 23, 2021
Pay and Benefits: Pay and benefits are in accordance with the teacher labor agreement - https://www.isd622.org/Page/310
- Valid MN teaching license in Social Studies for grades 6-8.
- Must demonstrate continued professional development through coursework, research and peer collaboration.
- Considerable knowledge of the core curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Considerable knowledge of classroom management techniques.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom presentation.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Working skill in maintaining records and developing reports.
- Considerable ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Considerable ability to plan and implement lessons based upon district and school goals and objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned.
- Considerable ability to provide appropriate instruction in core subjects.
- Considerable ability to adapt teaching styles to diverse student populations.
- Considerable ability to interact effectively with students, parents, other school staff, administration and community members of diverse ethnic/racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Considerable ability to evaluate student performance and to present these evaluations in a manner that fosters higher student achievement.
- Considerable ability to work in a cooperative learning environment.
- Working ability to utilize computer and multimedia technology as appropriate.
- Provide instruction in the core curriculum areas(s) for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for which employed.
- Follow the prescribed course of study, except as authorized in the curriculum outlines or by the principals or other official rules and regulations.
- Evaluate student performance according to system used by school and/or District; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce District rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students who do not follow District rules.
- Enforce District guidelines in regard to health and hygienic conditions and practices in the classroom as they may affect the physical and mental health of students.