WGVE Radio Announcer
Coordinates programming, operations and presents on the air prerecorded network and musical programs for the station. Announcers are responsible to ensuring that station is on the air during school breaks, vacation, and weekends.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in Radio/TV, Broadcasting/Production, or related field.
- Skill in speaking clearly with a well modulated voice.
- Excellent working knowledge of classical music, including musical history, composition, composers, and performers; working knowledge of Jazz a plus.
- At least six months of radio announcing experience.
- Skill in the pronunciation of foreign languages and technical names, places, and titles.
- Schedule and program the broadcasts over WGVE.
- Operates control room equipment and board during broadcasts.
- Documents discrepancies and maintains Federal Communication Commission programs and engineering logs on assigned shifts.
- Cues and starts music and programs, maintaining volume level.
- Introduces and announces various music recordings.
- Provides announcements to the audience on the programs and matters of interest.
- Reviews program schedules and obtains recordings from library for on air.
- Responds to calls from listening audience.
- Participates in fundraising as required.
·Assists local agencies with production of programs for WGVE and promote the work of the agencies.
- Oversees and facilitates the use of Avid Non-Linear System and other multi-media equipment.
- Produces programs and series, in school and out of school, for WGVE.
- Assists the Gary school staff in the production of audio materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Station Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Based on broadcasting needs
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board’s
Policy on evaluation of support services personnel.