SWE Middle School Engagement Center Liaison
Middle School Liaison - Student Wellness & Engagement (SWE)
Reports to: Engagement Center Administrator
Eligible Applicants: Individuals who currently hold a Colorado Teaching license or Special Services license
Salary Schedule: Teacher 178 Days
Work Calendar: Teacher Work Calendar 178 Days - Full Time Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and serve as a member of the Engagement Center Team
- Collaboratively build the Engagement Center with all stakeholders
- Design and support the implementation of behavioral management programs for students to remediate social/behavioral challenges.
- Assists students in identifying inappropriate behaviors and develop better behavior alternatives.
- Attend professional development opportunities related to student re-engagement, dropout prevention, etc
- Utilize strategic planning to align with the Engagement Center and district goals and district policy
- Administer the instruction in accordance with board policies, statutory requirements, administrative rules and regulations, etc
- Serves as an advocate for the staff, school, and school community as appropriate
- Support a school culture that promotes ongoing improvement of learning and teaching for students and staff
- Provide school safety by effectively engaging with relevant stakeholders
- Support the Engagement Center Administrator in the development, implementation and evaluation of a data-drive plan for increasing student attendance, engagement in school, student achievement, etc
- Partner with the school community to promote student learning
- Be a productive member of the school site as well as participate in school wide events/activities
- Demonstrate commitment to engagement, re-engagement, dropout prevention, expulsion intervention, etc
· Liaise with families, the school district, and community resources to coordinate appropriate services for students in need
· Be willing to operate outside of the box to understand and adapt to individual student needs so that success in high school and the post-sedonary world are attainable
· Excellent organizational, communication and facilitation skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
- BA in education, or related field
- Colorado Teaching License- Secondary or Related Service Provider license
• Knowledge of and experience with at-risk student populations
• Knowledge of and experience with community resources, including mental health
• Ability to model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, compassionate, and understanding.
• Comfort and willingness to actively engage colleagues with professional development work
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
? Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 5 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves operating a vehicle, sitting, walking, and/or standing.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- CBI/FBI background clearance and a clean driving record.
Condition of Employment: Insurability by the District's liability insurance carrier.