Special Education Teacher - High School
Herron High School is seeking candidates for Special Education teacher. Herron High School is an nationally recognized, award-winning high School that offers a world-class, classical, liberal arts and sciences curriculum in downtown Indianapolis. In its 15th year, Herron High School, is an intentionally-diverse, public charter school of 950 students. Herron High School was founded on the belief that a classical, liberal arts education is the best preparation for a future life of leadership and service. Herron High School operates within the Indianapolis Classical Schools network of charter schools.
Special Education teachers are critical in assessing the special educational needs of students to ensure each student receives his/her acommodations. Qualified candidates will have a strong working knowledge of all federal and state laws, regulations and policies in regards to serving special educaiton students.
Faculty & Staff at Indianapolis Classical Schools:
- Embrace the classical, liberal arts mission.
- Commit to high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Focus on effective instruction in every classroom.
- Engage in a collaborative environment.
- Differentiate for a diverse culture and abilities.
- Demonstrate passion for and expertise in content area.
- Plan instruction that is results-oriented and research-based.
- Exhibit relentless dedication to the academic success of every student.
- Engage in continual professional reflection.