Assistant Principal (2021-22 School Year)
The LEARN Charter School Network is a network of college preparatory elementary dedicated to providing our students with the solid academic foundation and ambition to earn a college degree. Our college preparatory elementary schools provide a rigorous educational program that is built upon an intimate understanding of each student’s individual learning style and academic needs. We are guided by five principles which include: expectations of high achievement; mutual respect; the development of a safe and nurturing environment; active family participation; and the positive development of the whole child. The Assistant Principal’s (AP) primary job responsibility is the supervision, discipline, and monitoring of students. The AP, under the direction of the Principal, implements and enforces school policies, administrative rules and regulations.
Organized by 1-5 major categories of work to be performed, including % of time out of 100%
|% TIME SPENT|
|Student and Classroom Management
|Perform other job related duties as assigned||5%|
Education, Training and/or Experience
1. 2+ years experience in an Assistant Principal role or 3 to 5 years as a Master Teacher driving instruction 2. Lives LEARN’s Core values
3. 4. Knowledge of laws, regulations and policies governing education in Illinois.
5. Knowledge of curriculum and instructional programs at the elementary school level
6. Skills to work with teachers, parents, community members and Board Members
7. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form
8. Ability to prioritize and organize. Ability to analyze data in the decision making process to drive instruction
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. High degree of integrity and ethics.
2. Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
3. Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
4. Ability to express themselves effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
5. Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
6. Experience in development and implementation of policies and procedures.
7. Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and Google applications and other software.
8. Customer Service orientated, highly customer focused with both internal and external customers
9. Team building and supervisory skills; organizational and staff development skills.
10. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to strict timelines.
11. Demonstrated ability to be cooperative and assist co-worker to accomplish organizational goals
12. High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
13. Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Interested and ability to become a principal in 1-2 years
- Master’s degree
- Ability to evaluate and improve processes
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physical demands require the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, walk around the classroom and kneel. In addition, walking up and down stairs several times a day will often be necessary.
Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of LEARN Charter School Network. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, family medical history, disability or veteran status.