Social Studies Teacher - Bellarmine Prep, Tacoma
Bellarmine Preparatory School
Social Studies Teacher
Opening for the 2021-2022 School Year
Bellarmine is a Catholic Jesuit college preparatory secondary school with an enrollment of 860 students in grades 9-12. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate a commitment to work with a talented and motivated student population and faculty utilizing a 1-1 iPad program. Bellarmine fosters amongst its governing board members, administrators, faculty members, staff persons, and students a commitment to embrace and celebrate the diversity of the school’s family and the broader community. Our school has made a strong commitment to promoting diversity of our faculty. We encourage persons of all backgrounds to apply.
Social Studies Teacher:
Bellarmine is currently seeking a full–time Social Studies Teacher for the upcoming academic year. The ideal candidate will have experience/passion for teaching Social Studies at the high school level, preferably with experience and appreciation for the Jesuit model of education.
- Minimum BA degree in subject area
- Preference for this position will be given to applicants who have a degree in History or a related field with a desire to teach World History, or United States History, to students of varied levels of proficiency.
- Experience teaching AP courses desired
- High School teaching experience
- Teaching credential or enrollment in education program
- Current knowledge of both global and United States histories
- Ability to teach history from diverse historical perspectives, including varied voices and points of view
- Ability to teach writing, following a specified progress
- Understanding of educational theory and practice
- Ability to teach a full range of courses offered by the department
- Ability to use current learning management technology
- Commitment to working with a diverse student body
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to collaboration
Closing date: May 15, 2021
Salary is based on level of education and years of experience Full benefits included
Please complete an application on Applitrack and send a cover letter, resume, and Bellarmine Teacher Application to: Jessica Achziger, Administrative Assistant to the Principal at email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- Bellarmine Teacher Applications are available to download at www.bellarmineprep.org