2022-23 Head of School - Villa Academy, Seattle
The Board of Trustees has launched a comprehensive search for the next Head of School of Villa Academy in Seattle, WA (the Laurelhurst neighborhood) for a position to begin July 2022. The Information for Candidates document will be available in late March
About the School
Villa Academy is a private, Catholic, preK-8th grade school, located on 31 acres, 600 ft of Lake Washington waterfront in the Laurelhurst neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The beautiful campus includes organic gardens, a greenhouse, an orchard, forest and trails and a state of art athletic field. The facilities include the main building which includes a beautiful Chapel, an attached preschool, gym, theater, art studio, music room, makerspaces and the Villa Treehouse. The Villa Treehouse supports the school’s goal to provide a variety of outdoor learning experiences, projects and activities. It is accessible by all ages with a capacity to hold over 30 students and is the first permitted treehouse in the City of Seattle.
Villa Academy offers a challenging curriculum for children ages 3 to 14 from around the greater Seattle area. Academics are of primary importance but the Villa experience goes “beyond the desk.” Experiential education that increases children’s intrinsic motivation, deepens learning, and supports their healthy social, emotional, and physical development. When the school day is over the learning continues with a wide array of after-school activities and enrichment classes: 30 plus after school enrichment classes and clubs, CYO athletic teams soccer and cross country (K-8), basketball and track and field (4 – 8), volleyball (5 – 8) and baseball for boys (5 – 8). Ultimate Frisbee, basketball and soccer clinics and the ski bus are offered as recreational sports.
Villa Academy is a Catholic independent school dedicated to excellence in the education of the whole child and guided by the Cabrinian tradition of educating compassionate hearts and confident minds.
Engaging compassionate and confident learners for lives of infinite possibility.
- Cabrinian Tradition
- Skills Mastery
- Cultural Competence
- Compassion and Service
- Pursuit of Excellence and Expectation of Integrity
Villa Academy stands for the respect of all human dignity in the spirit of our founder, St. Francis Xavier Cabrini. At the root of all community experiences is our Catholic tradition of faith centered justice; teachers and students commit to affirming the importance of diversity and inclusion in order to expand our communal vision of a more just world.
Villa Academy is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate in admission, access, treatment or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, national origin, marital status or disability.
How to Apply
- Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials in a Single Merged Document:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (Contact Joan Beauregard and Marcus Hurlbut for this document)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current Resume
- Statement of Educational Philosophy
- A Diversity Statement describing your specific skills/experiences working with diverse populations, your values related to diversity and inclusion issues, and how you see yourself contributing to achieving equity and enhancing diversity at Villa.
- A list of five or more references with contact information (name, relationship to candidate, phone and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
- Educators Collaborative Disclosure Form (Contact Joan Beauregard and/or Marcus Hurlbut for the document)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Marcus Hurlbut, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 949-279-3084)
- Joan Beauregard, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 206-851-6616)