School Bookkeeper - Immaculate Conception, Mt. Vernon
Immaculate Conception Regional School, Mount Vernon
Part Time Bookkeeper Job Description
Position: Part Time Bookkeeper, 30 hrs per week plus benefits, year-round
Pay: Starting at $19 to $25 per hour depending on experience
Reports to: Principal
Provide bookkeeping services for the school in accordance with Washington State and Archdiocesan administration and finance policies and procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and current accounts payable and receivable, and payroll on QuickBooks, monitor cash flow, and prepare and submit financial statements to the principal and finance committee on a monthly basis.
- Review and record financial reports from FACTS and RenWeb. Prepare collection or reimbursement correspondence to individual families when needed.
- Process all check requests and assure there is proper authorization for expenditures in all program and operating accounts. Reconcile bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and make weekly bank deposits.
- Prepare and submit staff payroll (including substitutes as needed) in a timely manner (every 2 weeks).
- Provide reporting assistance to the auction committee.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of the annual school budget. This is accomplished by providing the principal and finance committee with financial information including current budget allocations, year-to-date balances, and anticipated financial needs for the future.
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills required by the bookkeeping profession, which includes attending Archdiocesan training for bookkeepers.
- Present financials at the monthly Finance Meeting (3rd Wednesdays, 4:45-6:15PM).
- Prepare annual financial reports.
- Adhere to privacy laws.
- Work with the Endowment Board to move funds to Fulcrum.
- And other duties as determined by the principal.
- Safe Environment requirements met.
- Accounting degree and/or 5 years experience with bookkeeping for non-profit organizations. Knowledge of the Archdiocesan chart of accounts and non-profit accounting practices is a plus.
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, Word.
- Team-oriented, able to work collaboratively with an assistant, parent volunteers, and the principal.
- Communicates professionally.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting reliably and independently.
- Flexible with hours, year-round.