Early Childhood Teacher (approx. August 23, 2021 to November 16, 2021)
Description: Early Childhood Teacher
- Design and implement individualized education plans (IEP) for each assigned student consistent with the total educational philosophy of the district, Early Learning Standards and state and federal law.
- Design and implement developmentally-appropriate, differentiated instruction for pre-kindergarten students with and without disabilities.
- Collaborate with colleagues in planning and constructing benchmark lessons, instructional interventions and/or programs.
- Provide direct services as needed to assigned students with special needs.
- Use appropriate assessment instruments pertinent to academic, communication, and behavioral areas.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and assessed special needs in accordance with the district's philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Provide specialized instructional techniques and media through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational, social, and emotional needs of the students.
- Monitor and oversee services provided by paraprofessionals and/or other support personnel assigned to classroom and/or student in classroom.
- Establish two-way communication with parents, students, and fellow staff members in an honest, positive and constructive manner.
- Fulfill the requirements of attendance, punctuality, reliability, and responsibility with regard to school building and school district policies and procedures.
- Understand and accept students as individual human beings with dignity and worth, and helps them improve their self-image by helping them grow in their understanding of their capabilities and limitations.
- Demonstrate competency with knowledge pertinent to the subject being taught, but recognizes content is only a means to an end.
- Recognize the differences in needs, abilities, and interests among students and adjusts instruction to meet those needs, abilities, and interests.
- Stimulate students to work toward maximum potential and to take pride in their accomplishments.
- Plan effectively both for the present and future with respect to establishing teaching strategies which are goal oriented and purposeful.
- Select, evaluate, and use effective materials, services, and methods of instruction to motivate students to learn.
- Establish rapport and understanding with school staff colleagues.
- Recognize that being a constant and avid learner is prerequisite to being a good teacher; the teacher realizes that learning and teaching are dual aspects of a never-ending development process.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- State of Illinois Licensure & Certification
- Early Childhood Licensure (04) with Early Childhood Special Education and ESL Approval
- ESL endorsement preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise the responsibilities assigned to this is position.
Approximately August 23, 2021 to November 16, 2021
BA Step 1 provided in the 2020-21 Teacher's Salary Schedule