Health / AdaptivePhysical Education
Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 is seeking to fill position 6th-7th grade Heatlh and Adaptive P.E. teacher.
Position could be a blend of Health and Adaptive P.E. Instruction for Adapative P.E. would involve teaching of physically restricted/mentally challenged secondary school students in a program of adaptive physical education. Position positively motivates the student to develop appropriate skills, attitudes, and knowledge; utilizes a variety of instructional techniques appropriate to students’ abilities; and creates a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Plan and implement a program of study employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting District goals and objectives.
- Create a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of students under his/her direct supervision.
- Maintain written lesson plans, identifying clear objectives for all lessons, and submit for administrative review as required.
- Evaluate students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Maintain and submit reports and records as required.
- Communicate with students and parents or guardians on a regular basis.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees.
- Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the principal or administrative designee.
Additional Preferred/Anticiapted Duties:
Physical Education (Adaptive Program)
- Instructs students in adaptive physical education in accordance with the course of study adopted by the Board of Education.
- Enables students to develop an appreciation of the importance of physical education.
- Develops lessons appropriate to the needs and abilities of each assigned student.
- Provides individual/small group instruction that meets desired goals and provides the best use of available class time.
- Assists students with developing healthy lifestyle behaviors and social skills.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other staff members in helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Uses a variety of instructional techniques appropriate for the ages and skill level of students.
- Interprets the abilities and disabilities of students and works cooperatively with classroom teachers who have physically restricted/mentally challenged students in regular classes.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and creates a safe, orderly, and effective environment for learning.
- Evaluates student performance and social growth and prepares regular progress reports.
- Conferences regularly with parents/guardians regarding behavior observations and the performance of students.
- Assists with screening, evaluating, and recommending placements of students in the school’s adaptive physical ed. program.
- Maintains thorough records for each student.
- Selects, requisitions, and maintains instructional materials and aids.
- Attends staff development programs, curriculum development meetings, and other professional activities.
- Keeps abreast of developments and research in the field of adapted and regular physical education.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- Candidate must hold a valid Illinois teaching Professional Educator License (PEL)
- Endorsement in Health middle school
- Endorsement in Adapted Physical Education (PPE)
- Ability to communicate (written/verbal),make decisions, resolve conflict and effectively work with staff, students, and Administration
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods.
The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Apply on-line only
Administrators review applications on a regular basis and will contact potential candidates for interview