Elementary Teacher (Dual Language Immersion - Spanish) 2021/2022 SY
Salary: $51,877 - $111,738 Per Certificated Salary Schedule
Length of Work Year: 2021/2022 School Year (186 Days)
Employment Type: Full Time 7:45 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Provides an integrated educational program for each assigned student consisting of social, emotional, academic and psychomotor learning for students. Assists in related programs and activities, and performs other school related duties as required or assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Assesses student knowledge, attitude, skills, experience, modes of learning, and aspirations in order to provide relevant, integrated curriculum, and program.
- Provide daily English Language Development (ELD) instruction if required. Diagnose students, formulate long-range objectives for students, use appropriate lesson objectives for students, use skills sequencing within a subject area, and evaluate student progress.
- Possess current knowledge of subject matter, teach to an objective, apply principles of learning, monitor and correct student performance, and take advantage of professional growth.
- Be knowledgeable about and use the district's curricular objectives, use appropriate assessment procedures and appropriate instructional materials, and record student learning as related to district-expected student outcomes.
- Develop a positive classroom atmosphere, establish and maintain standards of behavior consistent with the district discipline policy, maintain an environment conducive to learning, and support on-task behavior. Maintain current and appropriate room displays including student work when and where appropriate.
- The teacher will supervise pupils, keep records and make reports as required. Hold parent conferences when required, requested or appropriate. Support district and school goals and objectives. Use discretion in communicating school matters. Be puncutal to class and duty assignments.
- Follow school district regulations and policies, and maintain appropriate appearance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Incorporated within the essential functions of position are the essential physical requirements: Ability to see for purposes of observing students and reading instructional materials, tests, student records and other printed matter. Ability to understand speech at normal levels in person or on the telephone. Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation in person or on the telephone. Feels comfortable using the computer, the iPad and a variety of apps, and LCD/audio equipment. Ability to occasionally lift/carry supplies and printed materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
Classroom working environment subject to bending, crouching, kneeling, and sitting on the floor to interact with students, pushing/pulling of equipment and reaching in all directions.
Multiple Subject or Appropriate Single Subject Teaching Credential. CLAD/EL Authorization required. Must be Highly Qualified.
Board adopted: 12/13/95