Senior Network Specialist - Wired
DESCRIPTION: Analyze, plan, design, install, and maintain local/wide area network systems and software. Analyze and resolve problems with network systems. Recommend the purchase of network and microcomputer hardware, software and technical equipment. May plan, assign, direct, and inspect the work of network technicians.
SALARY: Supervisory/Professional Grade S5 starting at $5,924.75 - $7,225.33 per month, depending on recent relevant experience; 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, 260 day / 12 month work calendar. Position is eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide level three technical support relating to malfunctions in existing network to ensure minimal user impact from equipment failures; monitors networks; monitors network performance and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Perform complex network equipment configuration and installations.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, implement and recommend corrective action based on network problems impacting multiple buildings, including core networking/security devices.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network routing, and/or switching, and/or network security devices (such as firewalls or VPNs).
- Provide contributions to the strategic network plan. Provide knowledge-sharing for networking staff. Perform information gathering and discovery/confirmation diagnostics during wide-spread outages.
- Install/replace optics or modules in routers as well as make final physical connections for new links between backbone devices or backbone and building devices.
- Schedule and perform software upgrades including the uploading, testing and validation of network equipment software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field required.
- Requires a minimum of eight years of appropriate network experience.
- Cisco Network Engineer, Palo Alto Engineer
- Duties include anything related to network services and its operations and how that supports our business and academic processes, including a working experience in the planning, design, installation and maintenance of WANs running Microsoft operating systems.
- Requires and understanding of microcomputers; voice/data/video networks and systems; operating systems, hardware, and software specific to the district; district policies and procedures; troubleshooting skills; and technology requirements of K-12 schools and administration.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- Strong customer service, problem solving, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customers with professionalism and courtesy.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Knowledge of network operating systems, network architecture, and data communications technology, protocols, and configurations.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with microcomputers, Windows 2008/2013 software and servers, TCP/IP, switches and routers, VoiceMail system, phone switch equipment, and peripherals.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
27J benefit information is found here Benefits Information Note: Certified positions at .8 and greater are benefited. Classified positions of 30 hours and above are benefitted.
The salary schedule for this position can be found here Salary Information
Information about temporary leave and vacation benefits can be found here Leaves Information
Non-Discrimination Notice/Link Non-Discrimination Notice
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, 27J Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment.