Assessment Center Assistant
POSITION: Assessment Center Assistant (RMHS) 37.5 hrs./wk Grade 4 Effective: August 9, 2021
ASSIGNMENT: 10 Month
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This is work involving the performance of a wide variety of tasks in support of the assessment program. It includes working with administrators and the assessment coordinator by entering data, administering assessments to students, scoring assessments, and monitoring student assessment information. This employee is expected to maintain a working knowledge of the instructional model and will also be responsible for keeping confidential records on student performance.
This employee is expected to interact with students in a courteous and tactful manner. There is considerable contact with students and staff members. This employee must exercise initiative, independent judgment and discretion in performing duties. This employee must also be able to maintain security and confidentiality of multiple national, state and district mandated tests.
- Must have or obtain State and NCLB approved paraprofessional designation in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education requirements.
- Must have knowledge of computer operations and be able to use specific types of web based or software applications.
- Must have math aptitude.
- Must organize, prioritize and coordinate work flow to meet constant deadline requirements.
- Must sit at a work station for extended periods of time.
- Must work effectively, demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills and communicate clearly and distinctly with staff, students and parents and the public.
- Must lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must project a positive image of the district to staff and students as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
1. Assists students in completing various assessments or surveys.
2. Assists assessment coordinator in:
c. post-test responsibility
3. Performs occasional clerical and secretarial tasks to support the assessment program.
4. Continues job performance enhancement by participating in appropriate professional growth activities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online.
Click on the red "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS (Interviewstream). The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS (Interviewstream) system gives you ten (10) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued. Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.