Route Coordinator Technician
Route Coordination Technician
The Route Coordination Technician is responsible for the development and implementation of efficient, cost-effective transportation routes and schedules which bring students to and from their destinations in a timely and safe manner. The Route Coordination Technician shall act as a representative of the Executive Director of Transportation and have the ability to communicate intelligently with all stakeholders and vendors regarding policies and procedures of the department. The position can require extend or on call work hours due to emergencies or extenuating circumstances related to safety or operational routine.
Executive Director of Transportation
Scope of Responsibility:
- Creates and monitors routes required to meet the transportation needs of all students ensuring both safety and efficiency.
- Ensures that all students who require auxiliary assistance in transport receive necessary services.
- Ensures accurately and timely communications regarding issues and incidents with appropriate department personnel and other key stakeholders.
- Completes and submits bus personnel absence notifications to appropriate office staff for processing.
- Schedules appropriate personnel for coverage of routes and special trips as well as monitors push-to-talk phone and absence line to address absences, route problems, accidents, and breakdowns.
- Provides assistance to bus personnel relative to route assignment, required training, and equipment.
- Conducts route audits and conferences in addition to monitoring bus personnel in the field and on the road as needed ensuring adherence to federal, state, and local laws as well as district policies and procedures.
- Maintains and processes student information and personnel documents related to bus personnel assignments, evaluations, and related confidential matters as well as follows office procedures in order to protect privacy.
- Provides assistance relative to mandated drug screening.
- Evaluates applications, conducts interviews, and insures that prospective employees meet all minimum qualifications and pass all required examinations and screenings.
- Reports to the scene of bus accidents to provide assistance and conduct onsite evaluation and investigation as needed.
- Provides assistance as needed to accomplish all Transportation Department functions, goals and objectives.
- Responsible to carry and answer system issued phone before, during and after normal work hours due to emergencies or extenuating circumstances related to safety or operational routine.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Transportation.
We seek detail-oriented, independent self-starters who demonstrate an unwavering commitment to raising student achievement and who have a record of high performance in challenging situations. Successful candidates will also demonstrate or possess:
- 3+ years of progressively increasing experience in school transportation services.
- Strong communication skills in multiple settings and the ability to be an engaging change agent and culture-creator that can inspire and motivate.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations.
- Collaborative management style, with a proven track record of working with diverse individuals at all levels to drive decision-making and results.
- High degree of professionalism, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities, while consistently demonstrating sound judgment and disciplined thinking.
- Experience in producing letters, memos, charts, and tables using Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Power Point & Publisher.
- Experience in utilizing database management programs designated by the JPPSS.
- High School Diploma.
- Degree in Transportation or related field.
- Knowledge of school system policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of micro computer operation.
Must be able to operate office equipment. Standing, walking, sitting, reaching, bending, lifting up to 10 pounds is sometimes required. Must have ability to provide own transportation to schools, work locations, and meeting sites. Mobility skills necessary to access a variety of work locations.
JPPSS offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. JPPSS also offers a competitive benefits package.