Playground/Lunchroom Supervisor (Starting the 2021-22 School Year)
1105 North Hunt Club Road
Gurnee, Illinois 60031
Woodland School District 50 is an Equal Opportunity Educator/Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and educational environment by hiring individuals who support and contribute to the diversity and excellence of our student and academic programs through their teaching and service to our students, parents and the community we serve.
If you welcome inclusion, equity and diversity, have an unwavering commitment to the success of all students, embrace and celebrate the individuality of our student population with respect to race, ethnicity, and economic status, and seek to celebrate the cultures that contribute to making our district so rich, please join our team! Minority candidates encouraged to apply.
Postion Title: Playground/Lunchroom Supervisor
Applicants are instructed to deal specifically with qualifying factors mentioned in the following posting.
Date Posted: April 30, 2021 - Reposted June 21, 2021
Location: Woodland Intermediate School
Date Available: August 23, 2021
Description: Supervise students on the playground and maintain safety and established guidelines
1. Education: High School or GED equivalent.
2. Experience: Experience with children preferred. Must possess good people skills and have a good work ethic.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Arrives promptly at the designated time at the beginning of the period and remains until the students have left
2. Supervises the arrival of students entering the playground/cafeteria, students on the playground/cafeteria, students participation during the recess/lunch time and student departure from the playground/cafeteria
3. Is aware of emergency procedures and how to obtain medical attention in the event of an accident
4. Is aware of Building protocol for emergency procedures
5. Refer to “Recess Rules” for specific information. (Guidelines are distributed to the Supervisors and additional copies are available from the building administration.)
6. Performs any additional duties necessary to supervise the program
DISTRICT CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
2. Willingly anticipate, identify and adopt/adapt to change.
3. Engage in all job-related interactions and activities, with contacts from within and outside the District, in a courteous and professional manner.
4. Communicate with styles that are approachable and respectful.
5. Maintain a capacity and a commitment to using and fostering the use of technology.
6. Participate in professional development and training to become more effective and efficient.
7. Take initiative to manage multiple tasks.
8. Effectively organize work to be as productive as possible
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Interpersonal: Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with students and staff. Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills. Comprehensive strategic thinking and rapid problem-solving skills to effectively handle crisis situations. Empathetic, humanistic and open-minded. Strong sense of teamwork. Strategic thinker. Must be able to work harmoniously with the community, students, parents, staff, and administration, etc. Must be able to communicate effectively with students and staff. Must exhibit sound judgment in dealing with people.
DISTRICT CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Support the establishment of mutual respect and equal human dignity across the entire school community.
- Welcomes inclusion, equity and diversity.
- Have an unwavering commitment to the success of all students.
- Understanding that your identity may be different than students, parents, and staff, you are willing to put those differences aside for the success of all students.
- Regardless of the identities of students, staff, or parents, works collaboratively to build a successful relationship with them.
- Willingly anticipate, identify and adopt change.
- Engage in all job-related interactions and activities, with contacts from within and outside the District, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicate with styles that are approachable and respectful.
- Participate in professional development and training to become more effective and efficient.
- Take initiative to manage multiple tasks.
- Effectively organize work to be as productive as possible.
Manual Dexterity: Work requires definite skilled and accurate physical operations requiring some closely coordinated performance.
Physical Effort: Work requires handling average weight materials or equipment, but not for sustained periods.
Working Conditions: Some exposure to definitely disagreeable elements may exist.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m., 180 days
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and ability and in accordance with collective bargaining agreement ($13.75 hr minimum)
HOW TO APPLY: Internal applicants should apply online at www.dist50.net and attach a resume to the online application. External applicants should apply online at www.dist50.net and attach three letters of recommendations, resume and transcript(s) to the online application.
All applicants must be willing to interview in person and demonstrate skills through a situational analysis. Applicants will be contacted within three weeks if invited for an interview. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further information regarding this position may be obtained by contacting:
Mr. Pablo Arboleda
Intermediate School Assistant Principal
APPLICATION DEADLINE: When filled
Woodland School District 50 is an Equal Opportunity Employer with established policies prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, arrest record, military status, order of protection status, unfavorable military discharge, citizenship status provided the individual is authorized to work in the United States, use of lawful products while not at work, being a victim of domestic or sexual violence, genetic information, physical or mental handicap or disability, if otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or other legally protected categories. The Associate Superintendent (847-596-5630) addresses questions regarding student discrimination, and the Director of Human Resources (847-596-5640) answers questions concerning employment discrimination.