Nutrition Service Worker
POSITION: Nutrition Service Worker-Cashier/Dishwashing
HOURS: 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Woodbury Middle School
ANTICIPATED START DATE: 8-31-21
AVAILABLE FOR BIDDING: 4/30/2021 - 5/6/2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Position responsible for providing support in all aspects of preparing and serving school meals
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in food preparation as assigned.
2. Serve food in the correct portions by adhering to the production records and standardized recipes.
3. Set up food on serving lines in a timely manner.
4. Adhere to the District’s HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) plan.
5. Follow all sanitation and safety processes and standards.
6. Wash, sanitize, and store kitchen equipment and utensils according to district processes.
7. Perform cashier duties based on defined procedures, when assigned.
8. Support and promote the meal programs offered at the site.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
1. High School degree or equivalent education.
2. Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
3. Attend and pass Fundamentals I and II and Sanitation and Safety course within one year of employment.
4. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Positive teamwork skills.
7. Ability to perform routine computer functions, including email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Word.
8. Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
9. Ability to pass Nutrition Services fitness for duty tests.
10. Ability to provide quality customer service to students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
11. Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
1. Experience in a food service environment.
2. Knowledge of food production, serving and clean-up skills.