2021-22 Classified Substitute (Non-Teach)
Classified (Non-Teach) Substitutes
Substitutes are a integral part of the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation. We rely and appreciate the dedication of our substitutes. Gain experience in the classroom! Make a difference in the lives of students! And all with a flexible schedule! Call 812-435-8420 to learn more!
Classified Substitutes work on an on-call basis beginning at minimum wage, $7.25 per hour.
Available substitute positions include the following:
• Secretary: $14.24 per hour after 20 consecutive substitute days or after 30 non-consecutive substitute days
• Teacher Assistant Clerical: $9.84 per hour after 20 consecutive substitute days or after 30 non-consecutive substitute days
• Early Childhood Instructional Assistant: $9.84 per hour after 20 consecutive substitute days or after 30 non-consecutive substitute days
• Special Education Assistant: $9.84 per hour after 20 consecutive substitute days or after 30 non-consecutive substitute days
• Primetime Instructional Assistant: (Grades 1-3): $9.84 per hour after 20 consecutive substitute days or after 30 non-consecutive substitute days
• Kindergarten Assistant: $9.84 per hour after 20 consecutive substitute days or after 30 non-consecutive substitute days
• Interpreter (ASL) for Hearing Impaired: $15.50 per hour after 20 consecutive substitute days or after 30 non-consecutive substitute days
Hours will vary Monday through Friday based on the position and location.
Join us! The process is easy!The first step to become a substitute is to first fill out the online application. (It will be sometime in June before you will receive an email from me to start the substitute process for the 2020-2021 school year.)
- Complete an online application. Submit at least three EVSC reference surveys (at least 3 surveys must be returned to proceed with hire. Surveys are sent via email, so please ensure each reference entered has a valid email address.
- National Background Check
After completing all the steps in Step 1, you will be contacted by email with instructions on requesting the required online background check. There is currently a fee for this process, payable online with a personal credit or debit card.
- Background Completion
It is the policy of the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin, age, limited English proficiency, or disability in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Law (I.C. 22-9-1), Title VI (Civil Rights Acts of 1964), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, Title IX (Educational Amendments), and Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973).
Questions concerning compliance with these laws should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation,
951 Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713, phone number 435-8508.
The interview committee will give preference to candidates who, through the interview process, past experience, and references have demonstrated the ability to interact with students, staff, and the community.
Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans and veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply.