Library Media Specialist to create a pool for 2021-22 SY
Posted a month ago
Job Title: Library Media Specialist Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports To: Campus Administrator Pay Grade: TC01/ 190 Days
Dept/School: Assigned Campus Date Revised: January 2018
Supervise and manage school library media center facility and programs. Engage learners using print and digital resources to access, create and share content as well as collaborate with other learners as global citizens. Collaborate with teachers to design engaging learning experiences to integrate digital citizenship and information literacy skills into instruction. Serve as instructional and technological leader on campus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Master’s degree preferred
- Valid Texas librarian or learning resources specialist certificate or endorsement
- Knowledge of current library information science best practices
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with effective technology integration
- 2+ years successful teaching experience
- Proficiency in engaging learners in a variety of instructional strategies
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create design concepts for flexible learning spaces engaging students, staff and community.
- Provide an environment that fosters connectedness so that all stakeholders are actively participating and positively engaged.
- Create physical spaces that are comfortable, flexible, collaborative and supportive of 21st century learning styles.
- Design learning experiences that encourage risk-taking, creativity, and innovation.
- Design and implement professional learning for instructional staff to facilitate student and parent engagement through the use of technology.
- Provide a variety of relevant experiences to engage students, including technological, kinesthetic, visual, “hands-on” and project-based learning.
- Integrate digital citizenship so that all stakeholders collaborate in an atmosphere of respect, integrity, sharing, trust and service.
- Use relevant and innovative real-world applications to develop problem solving skills and address state readiness standards.
- Utilize resources to create cross subject/course connections that result in globally literate students who can compete in an international marketplace.
- Facilitate and assist with the student portfolio system that informs and inspires students and educators for continuous improvement and growth, travels with the student and incorporates a variety of assessments.
- Communicate with students, parents, staff and community in a manner representative of media program, campus and district vision, mission and goals.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with the campus and community to create innovative opportunities for all stakeholders.
- Organize and maintain a central digital clearinghouse to streamline information.
- Create partnerships with businesses, community organizations, local governments and higher institutions to prepare students for their future.
- Provide opportunities for student engagement with the community.
- Continually survey parents, students and staff to evaluate the effectiveness of the media program.
- Take the initiative to develop needed professional skills appropriate to job assignment.
- Uphold and comply with school board policies, administrative regulations, rules, and instructions of administrative supervisors.
- Support and implement the LISD Strategic Design Initiative, including the mission, vision, goals and beliefs.
- Willingly accept and perform duties assigned by administrators.
Supervise clerical aide(s), student aides, and volunteers.
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Ability to work with multiple interruptions.
Ability to multi-task under pressure.
Constant Hearing, Reaching, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
Frequent Bending, Pushing, Lifting
Frequent Bending, Pushing, Lifting
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Detailed information about Salary and Benefits can be found by visiting the LISD Website: https://www.lisd.net/Page/336
Save the dates! New to LISD professional staff report for New Employee learning on July 28th – 30th and August 2nd. Please plan to attend required learning for professional new hires on those dates. More details will be shared during onboarding.