2 Custodial Positions - Day Shift and Night Shift
Job | Posted a month ago
Position 1 - Day Shift 7am - 3:30pm
Position 2 - Night Shift 3:30pm - 12:00am
|QUALIFICATIONS:||Physical ability to complete required tasks and to lift 50 pounds.|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Buildings and Grounds and building principal provides direction|
|JOB GOAL:||To maintain the school and provide its occupants with a safe,|
|clean, healthy, and attractive facilities.|
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas, neat, clean and sanitary at all time.
- Regulates utilities to ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Keeps walkways, exit/entrance doors, and steps free of snow.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exits, entrances, doors, classroom/hallway lights, emergency lights, safety equipment, and alarm are working properly.
- Vacuums, sweeps, and dusts on a daily basis.
- Cleans and re-stocks washrooms and locker rooms, cleans drinking fountains daily to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Buffs floors as directed...
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
- Keeps all floors clean and in a good state of repair.
- Makes minor repairs as appropriate.
- Cleans and maintains all chalkboards/whiteboards.
- Reports major repairs promptly to the principal and Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Maintains all motors and other mechanical equipment which require scheduled servicing.
- Assumes responsibility for the security system of the building, including opening and closing the building.
- Keeps an inventory of supplies and equipment. Requisitions needed replacements so that these may be delivered efficiently in such time as not to hinder the custodian in his/her duties.
- Moves sets-up and takes down furniture and equipment for various activities as directed by the principal/designee.
- Repairs/adjust classroom furniture as needed.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash and waste.
- Implements the district’s Health and Accident/Injury Procedures and Blood Bourne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Supports and implements the district’s Risk Management Policy to ensure that statutory and common law health and safety rights are extended to all visitors, employees, and students, to provide careful supervision and protection of all district real and personal property.
- Participates in district in-service programs.
- Performs additional job related duties as assigned by administrator.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year as approved by the Board.