Summer EL Newcomer Elementary School Teacher - Session 1
WORK DAYS: June 14 - July 1, 2021; Monday - Thursday
WORK HOURS: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Assistant Principal, EL Coordinator
SALARY: Per the REA contract, $40.66 per hour; Includes mandatory meetings, planning time and supervision of students before and after school.
Hourly rate determined by Article 26.4; paragraph B on page 32 of the 2019-2021 REA contract.
We believe that all students can learn and that motivating students is an essential part of teaching.
Students in these programs are invited to participate because they are at risk of not meeting proficiency.
The students will receive reading and math instruction along with physical and enrichment activites.
- Participate in pre-Summer School staff development and team planning
- Use instructional strategies as defined by the academic program
- Provide individualized instructional support in the areas of math, reading and writing for elementary students
- Provide a safe and positive learning environment for students during, before and after school hours
- Collaboration and communication with administrators, classroom teachers, parents and community partners
- Provide opportunities for parent involvement, including parent contact
- Provide efficient and on-going assessments and reporting
- Provide meaningful, engaging and varied learning and social experiences for diverse learners
- Use data to make decisions regarding instruction and interventions
- Develop relationships and encourage positive effectiveness in ALL students.
- Current Minnesota elementary license required
- Highly Qualified required
- Regular, on-time attendance is required
- Previous experience with ALC Summer Academy, ALC Targeted Services, After School Academy, or Title I buildings programs preferred
- Experience with Lexia, SuccessMaker, Read 180, Language!, Mathletics and Voyageur Math preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred for many available positions
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Understanding of Best Practices as related to teaching basic skills
- PBS training preferred
- Preference for staff familiar with students at the site