Structured Learning Environment Teacher 6th - 8th Grade (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Leave Coverage position to begin in August 2021 through approximately December 2021.
Title or Position: Maternity Leave - Structured Learning Environment Teacher 6th - 8th Grade
The SLE Teacher supports the NSSED mission and is committed to the possibilities in every learner, every day. The SLE Teacher strives to achieve the NSSED vision to be a national leader and highly valued partner with a courageous commitment to inclusive communities that equally value all people and inspire them to be active participants in our world.
The SLE Teacher is responsible for instructional interventions and behavior management for students who have a wide range of learning needs. Students present with mild to moderate learning needs, social emotional deficits and behavioral needs. The SLE Teacher works collaboratively with general and special education teachers, support personnel, administrators and parents to facilitate and align educational programming to district curriculums. The SLE Teacher believes that all students can achieve and models this belief through all actions. The SLE Teacher is guided by the concept of access, opportunity and empowerment for all members of the broader community.
- Proficient communication skills
- Effective collaborative problem-solving ability
- Engages in continuous professional improvement
- Possesses job specific skills required to meet essential job functions
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively with general education staff to prepare curriculum and instruction for students with diverse learning needs
- Utilize data based decision making to differentiate instruction to support student outcomes
- Develop and update student IEP’s
- Plan and implement direct instruction, curriculum and supplemental materials in self-contained and integrated/included settings.
- Assist in the identification of educational benefits with the general education curriculum
- Design and implement behavior management strategies
- Demonstrate instructional and behavioral strategies
- Facilitate team problem-solving and team training, particularly with non-certified staff
- Assist in planning alternate assessments, portfolios, curriculum based measurement, etc
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with all stakeholders (e.g., parents, students, staff, community members)
- Work with all team members, including parents, to support successful and meaningful inclusion experiences.
- Design programs to assist in the development of peer support in instructional and social settings
- Provide direction to teachers and support staff on instruction for students with mild to moderate learning needs, social emotional deficits and behavioral needs
- Utilize and implement technology to foster student learning
- Participate as a member of a transdisciplinary team to ensure all aspects of educational programming are implemented
- Foster generalization of skills across environments (e.g., school, community, home, extra-curricular)
- Ensure the safety of all students across settings
- Other duties that have been communicated to the teacher
- Illinois Professional Educator License with LBS I endorsement
- Recent experience working with students grades K-8th with and without disabilities (including students with moderate to severe disabilities and/or Autism)
Position Reports to:
Director of Instruction