Assistant Girl's Basketball Coach
Job | Posted 3 months ago
INDEPENDENCE SCHOOL DISTRICT
HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT COACH
- Current Substitute Certificate
- Must meet the qualifications set forth by MSHSAA
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certification and National Federation of High School Concussion
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: To be determined at the time of hire
To build a successful and comprehensive extracurricular sports program.
- Responsible to the head coach for coaching assignments and other responsibilities
- Help develop and support an athletic program which embraces the alignment of youth athletic programs, middle school athletic programs and high school athletics under the direction of the head coach
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and fundamentals of the sport assigned to coach
- Adhere to all policies and guidelines set forth by Athletic Handbook and MSHSAA rules and regulations
- Help to maintain a conductive and safe environment at all times in order to promote the benefits derived from wholesome athletic competition
- Develop and maintain positive relations and team morale with students, parents, staff and community
- Work in conjunction with the head coach to develop and place a team on the field of competition and substitute players appropriately as a part of a well-organized plan
- Attend in-service trainings conducted by head coach in order to support and participate in preparation during the off-season with coaching staff and potential athletes
- Promote academic achievement through high standards of academic performance
- Help maintain, issue and provide an accurate inventory of school equipment
- Support head coach in maximizing off season and summer training and development opportunities
- Work under and adhere to ISD Board Policies and Regulations
Terms of Employment:
The Assistant Coach will be a seasonal employee. The salary and work year will be established annually by the Board of Education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor, using the Assistant Coach Performance Based Evaluation.