School Bus Driver
SCSD#2 is seeking friendly, safety-conscious Bus Drivers!
- $500 Sign-On Bonus!
- No experience required - the District will provide paid training to obtain a CDL and required endorsements.
- This is a part time position, working Monday through Friday 2-4 hrs/day, with a state pension and vision insurance.
Starting Wage: $16.55-$18.65 depending on experience.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical exam and pre-employment drug screen (FMCSR 49 CFR 391.41 Physical Qualifications for Drivers).
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to obtain a CDL with a P, S, and Air Brake endorsement within one month of hire.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
JOB GOAL: To transport students in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner.
- Transport authorized students following assigned route schedules.
- Obey all traffic laws and safely operate a school bus.
- Maintain discipline when students are on the bus.
- Report undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keep the assigned bus clean.
- Check the bus before each operation for mechanical defects and report any problems to the proper authority.
- Inspect the daily route schedule; follow planned routes and time schedule.
- Complete any necessary paperwork promptly and accurately.
- Report all accidents to the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment relationship with the District is at will and of indefinite duration. Salary and fringe benefits to be set by the Board of Trustees.
Job Category: Classified
Exemption Status: non-exempt
Insurance Eligibility: part-time insurance
Contract position: no
Placement on any of the Classified (Hourly) Wage Schedules for all new employees will be based solely on an individual’s years of job-related experience:
- School district experience (full time) = One (1) year of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
- School district experience (substitute) & non-school district experience = three (3) years of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
*placement beyond step seven (7) requires approval from the Superintendent
Upon board approval, eligible staff move one (1) step on the wage schedule annually, except in those years when the Board of Trustees sets a wage freeze due to budget constraints.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
The closing date displayed is a guideline for candidates and hiring committees. All job postings shall be open for a minimum of five days before they are filled. Once five days have elapsed, committees may begin selecting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates. An application is not a guarantee for an interview. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as job postings may close sooner than the listed close date.
This job description serves as a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status(exempt/non-exempt from overtime) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Wyoming State Statute requires any employee initially hired by SCSD2 on or after July 1, 1996, to pass a criminal background check with DCI (Department of Criminal Investigation.
Sheridan County School District No. 2 does not discriminate on the basis of economic status, intellectual ability, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, or religion in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA may be referred to Sheridan County School District No. 2:
Title IX Coordinator
Human Resource Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801
Section 504 Coordinator
Special Services Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801