YOUTH OPPORTUNITY SPECIALIST (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Youth Opportunity Program Coordinator
AVAILABLE: Part-time grant-funded position available immediately; Eight and one-half hours per day, includes one-half hour unpaid lunch; 150 days (July 1 - June 30) holidays prorated to position.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting wage $15.89 per hour. Position includes single medical, vision and dental benefits; prorated leave benefits; mileage reimbursement per IRS rate
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Independently perform activities related to youth referral, intake, enrollment and orientation procedures.
- Provide supervisory services for youth placed into direct hire positions and temporay worksites.
- Assist Program Coordinator with activities related to youth payroll procedures.
- Perform other functions as become necessary to effectively implement the Program as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
- Tutor youth in the areas of math, language arts, science and social studies at the high school level in preparation for the GED.
- Make presentations to community agencies.
- Jobs for Michigan's Graduates (JMG) requires travel to chaperone program participants to volunteer opportunities, conferences, etc.
- Must possess a good driving record.
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and own transportation required.
- Maintain regular, predictable in-person attendance. Some evening hours required.
- Follow work rules.
- Adhere to MCISD Guidelines and Policies.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Minimum Associate Degree, required. Bachelor's degree, preferred. Ability to become Career Development Facilitator (CDF) certified.
- Previous experience working with at-risk youth ages 14-24, preferred.
- Previous experience working in employment and training and providing GED instructions.
- Meticulous records management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Monroe County.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform all duties with an awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK:
- A Michigan and FBI criminal history check post offer and prior to employment. The fingerprint processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. The employee must work with the public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED - INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Current Monroe County Intermediate School District employees who meet the qualifications must complete or update the online application at www.monroeisd.us to be considered. (Click on "Employment" and "Frontlne Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position.) Supporting documents required (resume', 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Appicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume, transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2642
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.