High School Spanish Teacher
Job | Posted 3 months ago
High School Spanish Teacher Grades 9-12
Full-time with benefits
Salary $36,100 - $43,000 depending on experience and education
Starting date will be August 9, 2021
- Must hold or qualify for a Colorado Teaching Certificate/License endorsed or highly qualified in Spanish.
- Proven written and verbal proficiency in Spanish.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented and resilient.
- Able to inspire passion for the language in their students.
- Developing lesson plans and curricula based on the needs of individual students.
- Providing conversational classes where pronunciation and important words and phrases are taught.
- Teaching writing and Spanish composition classes.
- Conducting research on teaching methods, materials, and language games that can be used in class.
- Scheduling and preparing students for oral and written examinations.
- Organizing fun events where students can showcase their Spanish language skills.
- The ability to use approved school curriculum and outside resources to help students meet the appropriate West Grand School District Grade Level Content Standards.
- Possess a classroom vision based on high expectations for student achievement and rigorous standards for their own academic instruction.
- Motivate students and invest them in academic goals;
- Construct and execute individual lesson plans, aligned with the standards and the class long-term plan that meet the needs of students with diverse learning levels.
- Foster a classroom environment that supports student achievement of academic goals.
- Conduct varied assessments to benchmark and document student progress.
- Work with students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Build strong personal relationships with students' families.
- Collaborate in a professional manner with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a way that prioritizes student achievement
Contact Information: For more information about the position, please contact Elizabeth Bauer, High School Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-724-3425.
West Grand is an Equal Opportunity Employer