Assistant Preschool Teacher
Shamrock Center (Gordon Elementary)
The Assistant Preschool Teacher will be responsible for providing instructional support to the lead teacher. The Assistant will be responsible for following a specified schedule and planning the sessions, preparing materials and implementing daily activities and curriculum under the direction of the lead teacher.
- Associates Degree in early childhood, preschool education or child development; OR
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in early childhood setting, previous experience in pre-school or early childhood program with HighScope Curriculum preferred
- Ability to work well with children and adults
- Maintain a genuine interest in helping children in their educational and developmental process
- Ability to work flexible hours
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with planning positive opportunities for adult/child interactions through reading stories, art/music, fine/gross motor skill, play and meal service
- Assist with planning, supervising and implementing curriculum for his/her age group which is developmentally appropriate and encourages each child’s growth in the area of social, emotional, physical and intellectual development
- Support children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently and to respect themselves and others. Encourage each students’ positive self-image and support individuality, independence and creative expression while encouraging diversity and varying viewpoints.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with parents and family members on the behalf of the child and foster parent participation
- Ensure children are supervised at all times and feel safe and secure
- Practice basic health screening of children on a daily basis
- Assist in self-help skills
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the center Director
External applicants must complete an online application accompanied by a resume and evidence to show minimum qualification requirements have been met (i.e. copy of transcripts, diplomas, certificates, etc.); paper copies will not be accepted.