Coordinator of Payroll/Benefits
Posted 3 months ago
12-month Full-Time Coordinator of Payroll/Benefits
JOB GOAL: To assist in the administration of the district’s payroll and benefits program, with a high degree of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality, using independent judgement, in addition to routine work necessary for smooth and efficient administration of the payroll and benefits program.
Reports To: School Business Administrator/Board Secretary
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Laws and Regulations as they apply to payroll distribution, pensions, and taxes.
- Strong understanding of and adherence to confidential information and reporting in keeping with applicable laws and Board Policy.
- Excellent organizational skills, efficiency, and ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Skills relating to good oral and written communication and demonstrated high level of skill with use of Excel, Word and other general computer software applications. CSI software experience is preferred.
- Prepare and ensure the timely and accurate development and submission of payroll distributions as scheduled.
- Thorough understanding of contractual obligations as they relate to salaries and hourly rates for a variety of positions based on the negotiated agreements.
- Prepare and submit all tax payments and returns as required. Annually, prepare and distribute W2's, 1095C’s and other required reporting to all employees.
- Enroll, prepare, and submit all pension reports (quarterly and annually) as required.
- Responsible for 403B administration and deductions as required.
- Assist HR office in representing the employer with State Unemployment issues including information necessary for the preparation of documents requested, and participate if required in hearings.
- Review and keep track of all Superintendent recommendations to the Board of Education relating to payment of stipends, hourly rates, leaves of absence and any other changes of additions.
- Ability to interface with staff and answer questions regarding individuals’ payroll issues and concerns.
- This position also will be responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator.