ESP - Instructional
Hours: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week
Description: INSTRUCTIONAL PARAPROFESSIONAL
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist the classroom teacher with instructional tasks, working directly and indirectly with students. These tasks will constitute the major portion of the para time.
ILLUSTRATED DUTIES: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
- Prepare charts, displays, bulletin boards and other instructional tools.
- Assist in general classroom operational procedures such as setting up and operating audiovisual equipment, setting up physical education equipment, preparing and setting up art supplies.
- Locate/organize supplementary audiovisual print and manipulate materials for use with individual student, small group or classroom instruction.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., math, science, English, color recognition, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects such as art, physical education, dramatics.
- Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher’s curriculum.
- Type on word processor worksheets, tests, or various instructional material; duplicate and assemble.
- Prepare requisition forms for lab supplies, e.g., cylinders, distilled water; records and maintain inventory.
- Correct tests via computer. Record results in grade books.
- Set up lab equipment for student use; inform students of appropriate handling and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent; post secondary education preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
- Demonstrable ability to work with children.
- Human Relations: Helping and serving.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract