ESP - EL
Hours: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week
General Purpose of Job: Assist the classroom teacher with instructional tasks, working directly and indirectly with students. These tasks will constitute the major portion of the Educational Support Professional time.
- Assist in general classroom operational procedures such as setting up and operating audiovisual equipment, setting up physical education equipment, preparing and setting up art supplies.
- Work directly with students individually or in small groups on academic and motor or social skills, e.g., math, science, English, color recognition, decision making, self-esteem building, etc.
- Assist students and teachers in large group activities/projects such as art, physical education, dramatics.
- Seek out special instructional materials to assist with students having particular learning problems, e.g., separate math skill worksheet, not a part of teacher's curriculum.
- Type worksheets, tests, or various instructional material; duplicate and assemble.
- Correct tests via computer. Record results in grade books.
- Perform other duties as assigned by principal or designee.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have two years post high school education and meet NCLB requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to work with students.
- Computer and word processing experience helpful.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
: Per Contract