Assistant Principal: Director of Instruction
Position: Assistant Principal
Driven by the principles of PURPOSE, PASSION and PROFICIENCY, REACS offers each student a challenging, college-bound education that develops character and critical thinking ability infused with family and social values to support life-long learning, leadership and productive citizenship.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaboration with the Principal in the development and implementation of the school curriculum.
- Facilitating the process to review and revise curriculum with the teaching staff
- Supporting the Principal in integrating school’s programs, and culture.
- Coordinates and supports the professional development and instruction growth of teaching staff with the Principal
- Assist with observations and performance evaluations of teachers
- Assist with development and supervision of teachers: weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Serves as a resource along with the Principal for developing curriculum, assessments, instruction and classroom management strategies for teachers
- Serves as liaison for after school and weekend programs.
- Work with the Principal to create a timetable for internal and state-mandated external assessments in core subjects and supervision of its implementation.
- Arrangement of templates and mechanisms for documentation of teacher and student work.
- Use of technological support for data gathering and analysis.
- The Assistant Principal will be a member of the school’s Leadership Team
- Work with the Principal to communicate and meet with families frequently about student academic and behavioral successes and challenges
- Fully understand and implement the school mission
- Reports to the Principal
- Master’s degree and New York State SBL/SAS or SDA Certification Required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an elementary school assistant principal, staff developer or similar position in a K-5 school setting with a strong knowledge of instructional principles and practices gained through work experience and formal education
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Passion and commitment to teaching scholars
REACS offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package