#Work Weeks / Year
Annual Shift Stipend
2020-2021 Hourly rate determined by collective bargaining agreement.
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and eligible for insurance benefits.
The job of Executive Secretary was established for the purpose/s of providing complex and confidential secretarial and administrative support to the school-site principal and other administrators; conveying information regarding school functions and procedures; ensuring efficient operation of support functions; and coordinating assigned projects and site activities.
This job reports to Principal/Site Administrator
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. student information, time sheets, calendars, expenditures/budget, staff rosters, e-mail distribution lists, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports, making recommendations; and/or preparing information for assigned administrator.
- Coordinates a wide variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g. registration materials, student information packets, meetings, in-service events, travel and accommodations, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. facility usage, building accounts, employee data, staff summer information, procurement cards, time sheets, budget data, financial records, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Monitors a wide variety activities on behalf of assigned Administrator (e.g. program components, meeting arrangements, account balances, etc.) for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates in compliance with established guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the work activities within the office for the purpose of organizing assignments, monitoring progress, and ensuring completion within established guidelines .
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports, documents and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature (e.g. correspondence, facility/activity schedules, regulatory reports, memorandums, meeting minutes, charts, periodic and ad-hoc reports, operational procedures, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Processes a wide variety of documents and materials (e.g. incoming communications, school deposits, time sheets, procurement cards, requisitions, travel reimbursements, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with administrative guidelines and/or regulatory requirements.
- Procures supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items.
- Researches a variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations and/or addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Schedules a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, parent meetings, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for assigned administrator.
- Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and responsibilities.
- Monitors students referred for illness or disciplinary action for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Represents assigned Administrator in their absence for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required for their functions.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects, and performing basic bookkeeping and record keeping.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: concepts of grammar and punctuation; basic bookkeeping principles; business telephone etiquette; and common office machines.
ABILITY is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; and tracking budget expenditures. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 15% walking, and 15% standing. The job is performed under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness and in a clean atmosphere.
Experience Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.