Teacher for Autism Spectrum Disorder - ASD Classroom
Job Goal: To establish and maintain an educational program which will help student with autism achieve positive academic, physical, social, emotional, behavioral, and pre-vocational development.
1. Bachelor Degree with endorsement in Autism Spectrum Disorder or other area of special education and willingness to enroll in classes to obtain endorsement.
2. Valid Michigan Teacher Certificate
3. Demonstrated ability to handle aggressive behavior, both physically and emotionally
4. Demonstrated ability to handle conflict productively
5. Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable