HS Asst. Football Coach (1 opening)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Deputy Superintendent of Talent Management, 7350 Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
*This position is for the 2021-2022 school year*
POSITION: Assistant High School Football Coach
CO-CURRICULAR SALARY SCHEDULE RANGE: $2,384 – $4,024 per season
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
- Valid Colorado Teachers License preferred, however other candidate credentials will also be considered.
- Must possess a strong, comprehensive knowledge of the sport.
- Experience working with high school/middle school athletes.
- Ability to work as an integral part of the coaching staff.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper fitness and conditioning techniques necessary for athletes; must have a current First Aid certificate or equivalent.
Specific performance responsibilities will be discussed during the application/interview process. Special consideration will be given to staff employed within the district.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of his/her teaching assignment as priority if currently employed as a district teacher.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, stipulations, and policies of the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Assist with the training of participants in sport techniques, fundamentals, sportsmanship, and proper place of sports in learning discipline and team cooperation; teach team concepts; attend clinics and conferences with staff to keep updated in current trends in the sport.
- Responsible for inventory, issuance, control, collection, cleaning, and storage of all uniforms, equipment materials, and supplies related to the sport.
- Assist in developing daily, weekly, and seasonal practice schedules with special emphasis on the assistant coaches for maximum utilization of personnel.
- Assist in submitting end-of-season report, inventory, and budget requests.
- Assist in filing an accident report on any student injured while under his/her supervision.
- Assist with organization of award presentations for the sport.
- Assist in communicating any special needs to the Athletic Director, including equipment, transportation, budget, fundraising ideas, game officials and eligibility.
- Assist with preventing athletes from practicing or playing without a current completed parent permission slip, physical examination, insurance waiver, and emergency form.
- Maintain fairness and consistency in all decisions and judgment relating to sport participation.
- Provide leadership to encourage students to increase in academic success, maintain eligibility, improve attendance, and develop attitudes toward increased self-esteem during the students' high school years, and perform other duties as assigned.
The Skyview Wolverine Athletics Program is rooted in leadership, excellence, and integrity. Middle school and high school student athletes come together from all Mapleton schools to compete in a variety of sports as the Skyview Wolverines. With league-recognized coaches, state qualifying teams, and state champion athletes, the Skyview Wolverines are dedicated to fair play, courtesy, and generosity. To learn more about Mapleton’s athletic program, please visit Athletics & Activities.
WORK LIFE AND BENEFITS:
In Mapleton, we believe you deserve every opportunity to maximize your unique potential. The benefit package for Mapleton athletic coaches includes Colorado PERA and employee paid sick leave, as applicable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- External applicants must complete an application online at: Work in Mapleton!
- Current Mapleton employees are required to email a letter of interest and resume to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org