Private Music Tutor
Starting pay rate: $25.00
JOB TITLE: Private Lesson Teacher
REPORT TO: Director – Performing & Visual Arts
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
The Performing and Visual Arts Private Lesson Teacher will be responsible to organize and support students with their musical achievement before and/or after school and other appropriate duties as assigned by the Performing and Visual Arts Director.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Three years job-related experience and/or proficient on instrument of study
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear understanding of confidentiality and professional behaviors
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs and examination syllabuses
- Acquiring appropriate teaching materials/resources
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils
- Preparing pupils for performances, examinations, and/or auditions
- Motivating pupils and encouraging progress
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements
- Assessing pupils abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following: ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment efficiently and effectively with frequent interruptions. Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties that may be required.