Certified Hearing/Vision Technician, 2 Positions
Role: Must possess Hearing/Vision Technician certificate from the state of Illinois
Qualifications: Certified as a Hearing/Vision Technician in the state of Illinois. This certification must be maintained and renewed every three years as required by the Child Vision and Hearing Test Act.
• Under the supervision of the School Nurse, technician will develop a screening schedule and screen all students
• Take care of testing equipment appropriately and be sure the equipment is stored and secured properly
• Utilize required forms from the Illinois Department of Public Health;
• Implement testing and monitoring programs according to District request and the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines;
• Demonstrate positive interpersonal interaction with students, staff, and families;
• Record test results on designated Hearing & Vision Form(s) and rescreen all students who failed initial screening as requested by school nurse
• Provide School Nurse with results of all screenings for all buildings
• Prepare annual hearing and vision reports for Illinois Department of Public Health
Travel to all schools within District 303 is required. Hours will be 7 hours per day, start/end times will be determined by school schedule and days may be varied based on daily testing needs.