3rd Grade Bilingual (Spanish) Teacher
Description: Full-Time Bilingual (Spanish) Teacher position involves teaching and supporting English Language Learners in the general mainstreamed classroom. Under the supervision of the school principal, the bilingual teacher is responsible for instruction, specialized services and supporting students in developing English proficiency and their ability to effectively perform courses of study in the English language. Teacher must be a strong collaborator as this position requires managing a self-contained 3rd grade classroom and working with the primary team.
Work on developing the English language proficiency of our ELs and supporting the general student polulation. Responsiblilities are:
- instructional planning, including, but not limited to, providing lessons plans and preparation for each assigned student in accordance with the objectives of our instructional program,
- administer and monitor tests and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating students’ language ability; assessing students’ progress,
- develop and delivering lesson plans that utilize appropriate instructional techniques that enable limited English proficient students to overcome barriers that impede equal participation by these students
- establish positive learning expectation standards for students, and evaluating students’ progress and maintaining current and accurate records of students’ achievements,
- implement instructional methods, including, but not limited to applying contemporary principles of learning theory and teaching methodology, drawing from the range of instructional materials available in the school,
- participate in professional development and implementation of new teaching techniques,
- create a positive classroom culture evident of attractive boards and interest areas reflective of students’ current work; exhibiting and applying knowledge of the curriculum content related to subject areas and instructional level,
- establish and maintaining responsible rules of conduct within the classroom and school,
Qualifications: Must possess a bachelor’s degree in education and a teaching license endorsed in Spanish, Bilingual, or ESL. Must be literate and fluent in Spanish.
Selection Procedure: Online Application