SY21-22 Primary Grades K-2 Paraprofessional
Posted 15 days ago
|Job Title:||Primary Grades – 1st grade Paraprofessional|
Grade Band Served:
Salary Range starts at:
|Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment - Primary Grade Band
Primary Grade Band Principal
Primary Grade Band Assistant Principal
8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday
SUMMARY: The paraprofessional teacher oversees supporting the instructional teacher with such tasks as reinforcement/practice academic activities, class preparation, oversight needs of assigned students, and organizational/administrative tasks, so that engaging and appropriate instruction can be completed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Student Management Roles:
- Refer students in a timely matter to all support systems as needed
- Maintain contact with Family Support Liaison for student referrals
- Progress monitor Response To Intervention Goals
- Follow protocol for creating / updating Canvas modules as needed
- Implement individualized lesson plans based on class instructional needs
- Administer student assessments with fidelity and according to procedures
- Manage documentation on instruction provided outside of classes
- Collect and review data to adjust instruction
- Review feedback from observations and implement suggestions for improvement
- Provide LC/Parent with professional and timely communication
- Read and respond to all emails within 24 hours (1 business day)
- Update the Infinite Campus contact log the same day a communication contact is made with a family
- Attend and actively participate in all required professional meetings (DDI, Staff, Department, PLC, Content Planning, Professional Development F2F and Virtual)
- Attend BOY & EOY student outings (district-wide)
- Attend a minimum of 3 Parent University Sessions
- Actively support the collaboration of colleagues in teaching partnership, team, content area, grade level, school band, and district
- Complete all required trainings
- Participate in EOG/EOC Assignment
- Comply with all written policies and procedures in teacher, district, and GCA handbooks
- Stay logged on to Zoom during working hours
- Complete all TKES platform tasks and responsibilities during assigned timeframe
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes new-comers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Professionalism: Be professional at all times in communications, appearance, work product, and in representing Georgia Cyber Academy in a positive manner.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of completed college or technical school credit AND
- Two (2) years of paraprofessional experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
- GaPSC Paraprofessional Certification
- desired enrollment in GTAPP program
- Clear Fingerprint/Background Check Required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, OneNote, and G-Suite.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Possess strong communication, organizational, analytical, and written skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact positively with teachers, administrators, and support staff.
- Ability to read and interpret student academic data and educational reports.
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms.
- Strong critical thinking, planning, and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, as well as collaborate and communicate effectively within a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines.
- Dependable, able to work under pressure, and meet deadlines as required.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to ensure excellent student outcomes.
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Maintain a professional home office without distraction during 8-5 workday when working from home.
- Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet.
- Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time as required.
- Attend all required school outings and staff meetings (Leadership, DDI, Staff, Department, PLC, etc.)
- Attend all required Professional Development sessions, trainings, and conferences.
- Participate in Milestones assessment training and administration.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills.
- Advanced PowerPoint knowledge and skills.
- Experience working in a virtual educational environment collecting and interpreting data.
- K-12 educational experience in the form of Teaching, Academic Intervention, or related instructional areas.
- Previous experience as a Learning Coach at Georgia Cyber Academy.
- Proficient with web-based tools
- Previous experience with online educational tools/curriculum/assessments
- Working knowledge of Infinite Campus (SIS)
- Working knowledge of Canvas (LMS)
- Working knowledge of Jigsaw Interactive (live classroom tool)
- Proficient in use of Zoom conferencing tool
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is primarily a Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, 5 days/week, home-based position that may require traveling up to 25% of the time.
- During critical periods, in-office days may be required. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, meetings, school events, marketing events, and testing sites will be required several times per year.
- Light lifting required.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.