Technology Technician "Immediate"
Allendale County Schools
The job of Technology Technician is done for the purposes of providing level one support and maintaining in-house infrastructure, external services, and inter-connectivity. This includes providing instruction and advice to system users, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal system performance. The person will also troubleshoot problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required.
· Administers system security (e.g. authorization, access, read only, passwords, etc.) for the purpose of regulating access to the student information system and ensuring confidentiality of student records.
· Assists other personnel as may be required for contributing to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work unit.
· Coordinates installation and maintenance of computer hardware, software and peripherals, including security hardware and software as they relate to the safety and security of the campus(es) (e.g. upgrades, drivers, etc.) for providing access to local applications by site and district users.
· Designs report options and/or database applications for providing personnel with information customized to their specific needs.
· Develops and prepares user materials for providing instruction and reference.
· Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment for ensuring availability of required items.
· Responds to inquiries relating to computer hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of resolving problems and supporting site and district users.
· Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software and network-related problems encountered by end-users of the District network, the Internet, PCs, Macs and new computer technology.
· Uses established tracking system to log requests; monitors progress, tracks problem resolution, identifies patterns of failure, researches bug fixes and implements solutions; communicates with manager regarding unresolved problems.
· Works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues, researches and tests possible solutions and implements solutions.
· Cleans and maintains digital projection systems.
· Maintains the functionality of all classroom audio systems.
· Works daily to ensure mobile devices are repaired and returned to students in a timely manner so as not to impede instruction.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Ability To: Identify, analyze and troubleshoot a wide range of complex technical computer- and network-related problems effectively; listen and communicate information to a wide variety of clients and vendors at all levels of skill; deliver customer support both in-person and over the phone in a professional manner; support the District’s objectives by training others in use of their computers and applications; learn and provide support for the District’s network; learn and apply new technical knowledge quickly; communicate effectively with a diverse client base both verbally and in writing; work independently and as a member of a team; maintain cooperative work relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population; maintaining confidentiality; and working with frequent interruptions.
Capabilities and limitations of various computer systems, including Promethean smart board technology; Front row classroom audio technology; the principles of information systems design, especially related to multi-protocol, multi-platform client/server environments; principles and practices of networking technologies; mastery of desktop operating systems and various software applications. A general understanding of PreK-12 classroom dynamics.
Minimum Requirements: Education:
Bachelors’ degree in Computer Sciences or Information Systems is required. Prior experience with information systems administration and/or general IT support is highly recommended and may be used in lieu of degree in some cases.
Certifications: Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT), Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT), JAMF Certified Associate or other IT industry specific certifications are preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and good communications skills are required. Experience maintaining and repairing IP telephony, voice routers, surveillance cameras, and paging/intercom speakers are preferred. A familiarity with mobile devices supporting both Apple iOS and OSX as well as Microsoft platforms are preferred.
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. This position requires ladder work in excess of 10 feet. Must also be able to tolerate confined spaces and/or summer heat. Must be able to work after hours if needed.