EAST CENTRAL INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Announcement - April 27, 2021
The position of Assistant Principal will be availableat East Central ISD for the 2021-2022 school year. All individuals (district employees included) who are interested in this position must apply online through Frontline via the district website. The deadline for submitting an application is 4:00 pm., May 07, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Primary Purpose: Direct and manage assigned areas of instructional program and campus operations. Oversee assigned student activities and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assume responsibility for the well-being of the school in the absence of the principal.
- Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to track data and monitor progress on-campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
- Participate as a member of the campus leadership team, building capacity in others to develop a learning organization.
- Serve as a resource providing instructional guidance to staff based on district/campus beliefs, mission, and vision.
- Supervise students before, during, and after school including bus duty.
- Implement the Student Code of Conduct.
- Assist with appraisals of faculty through formal and informal observations.
- Assist in obtaining and supervising substitute teachers.
- Assume responsibility for securing, distributing, and accounting for all textbooks in the school.
- Assist in plant maintenance, safety drills, and inspections.
- Assist in budgetary responsibilities.
- Assist in the professional development of staff.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of educational programs.
- Promote the use of technology in the teaching/learning process.
- Promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
- Communicate effectively with staff, students, parents, and community.
- Contribute to a positive environment for the school.
- Prepare duty rosters for school staff.
- Assist with the supervision of paraprofessional staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all minimum requirements will be screened.
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Advanced Education Leadership (AEL) certification, Instructional Leadership Training (ILT), or Instructional Leadership Development (ILD)
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years of experience as a classroom teacher
EQUIPMENT USED: Standard office equipment including personal computers and peripherals.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting. Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of a mouse; occasional reaching. Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); occasional physical restraint of students to control behavior. May work prolonged or irregular hours; work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional districtwide and statewide travel.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: 210 days-basis
SALARY: Administrative Pay Grade 104
Superintendent of Schools