After School Supervision Workers
Posted 3 months ago
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
Lakeland Christian School Job Description
After School Supervision Worker
Schedule: 10 Month; Monday – Friday 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm (hours may vary)
Reports to: Director of Supervision
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Description: Provides after school supervision for students in K4 through fifth grade from 2:30 – 6:30 p.m. on school days. The adult or student worker will assist the Supervision Director with the daily operations of the program.
1. Be a born-again believer who demonstrates commitment to Christian education
2. Be in agreement with the Lakeland Christian School Statement of Faith and staff qualifications
3. A high school diploma or GED equivalent
4. A background in education and/or college course in recreation, education (either completed or in progress) is preferred but not required.
5. Child care work experience is preferred but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold and ensure compliance of all LCS policies and procedures
- Assist the director in providing a safe, healthy environment in the after school program
- Maintain all student attendance records
- Assist in directing play activities and homework time as directed by the Supervision Director
- Assist in enforcing safety rules
- Communicate with the Supervision Director involving difficult child behavior
- Assist with snack time
- Help or make sure to clean up and leave rooms ready for the next day.
- In addition, other duties may be required as directed by the Supervision Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Serve as a role model to participants in the program
- Create an enriching, fun, and safe environment
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 25 pounds