Paraeducator Monitor - 5 vacancies
Internal consideration is given until 3:30 pm on April 29, 2021.
Position: Paraeducator Monitor - 5 positions available
Work Schedule:Monday- Friday, Hours are to TBD
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: Starting pay is $15.06 - $16.49 per hour dependent on qualifications
Benefits: Benefits are in accordance with the labor agreement covering Paraeducators - https://www.isd622.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=329
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prior experience working with school-aged youth
- Monitor the cafeteria, playground, and/or other common areas utilized over the lunch period (including classrooms and the gym when utilized for indoor recess)
- Escort students as needed to/from the office, nurse’s office, etc.
- Recognize an escalating/emergency situation, call for help, and defuse/assist with the situation until help arrives
- Address and problem solve concerns that are observed or brought forward
- Perform light first aid as needed
- Identify and report students who leave the building without prior authorization
- Assist Building Engineer/Custodian with limited cleaning functions such as wiping off lunch tables, mopping up spills, picking up trash, etc.
- Maintain communication with other staff members via two-way radio
- Other related duties as assigned