Health Aide/Clerical Aide
Classified Employees Association (CEA)
2017/18 Hourly rate determined by CEA collective bargaining agreement.
Starting Hourly Rate: Grade B, 1 $11.09
Hours/Day: 6.5 (full-time) FTE: 1.0
Work Days/Year: 185
Position: Health Aide
Reports to: Certified School Nurse and School Administrator
Job Status: 10 month
Summary of Position: To provide reception services, clerical assistance and technical support to the Certificated School Nurse in order to optimize the delivery of comprehensive school health services. All duties are to be performed in accordance with district and state Board of Education policies and guidelines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion
- Exemplary organizational, interpersonal, clerical, communication, and technology skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with collection and maintenance of health records and data.
- Perform clerical duties such as: data entry, duplicating, filing, and preparing files, folders, rosters, emergency cards, health protocols, etc. utilizing appropriate technology.
- Assist with weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Serves as receptionists including greeting clients, answering telephone, and maintains logs.
- Monitors health office traffic flow.
- Inventories and maintains health office supplies.
- Assists in maintaining a user-friendly, safe, clean and neat environment.
Clinical Assistance under the Direction of a Certificated School Nurse
- Provides first aid assistance.
- Assists with vision and hearing screening and other screening as directed: i.e. inspection for pediculosis when indicated.
- Encourages communicable disease prevention practices: i.e. hand washing, good hygiene, covering coughs/sneezes ECT.
- Accompanies ill or injured students when directed and retrieves students as needed for health services.
- Maintains open communication with the Certificated School Nurse, relaying messages as directed to teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians in order that a cooperative action will meet the health needs of pupils.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
- Documents phone and other communications.
Work in standard office, nurse office and school building environments. The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires sitting, walking, and standing.
Use standard office equipment, such as computers, copiers, telephones etc.