Cafeteria Manager - DCMS (2021-2022 School Year)
Posted 2 months ago
TITLE: Cafeteria Manager (Middle School)
- Experience in working with food preparation.
- Ability to work with students, parents, and the community.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Food Service Director / Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To serve the students attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and warmth.
- Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Checks food shipments into the school, signing invoices only after each order has been verified.
- Determines the quantities of each food to be prepared daily.
- Determines the size of serving to meet both the necessary age and state requirements.
- Prepares and serves food according to a planned menu and tested, uniform recipes, and determines if the finished product is of best quality both in flavor and appearance before it is served.
- Records all food requisitions from the storeroom, and records all meals served; designating with/without milk, full price, free, or reduced status.
- Oversees the locking of the storeroom, and the maintaining of a correct monthly inventory.
- Notifies the Food Services Director on a weekly basis of needed supplies.
- Reports to the Food Services Director any faulty or inferior quality food which is received.
- Performs the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment, and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware and utensils.
- Assists the Food Services Director in preparation and serving of the Jr-Sr High Breakfast Program, if applicable.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and organized cooler, freezer, and store room.
- Prepares, organizes, and serves breakfast program as needed.
- Report any and all injuries to the immediate supervisor, filling out the appropriate forms.
- Report any and all hazardous situations/areas which are considered to be unsafe to the immediate supervisor, filling out necessary forms.
- Conform to all rules and regulations of the school and comply with all federal, state, and local laws relating directly or indirectly to the employee’s duties.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Food Service Director/Building Principal may assign from time to time.