Posted 3 months ago
- Completion of two years of study at an institution of higher learning or
- An associate’s (or higher) degree
- The Co-Teacher assists the classroom teacher by working with students to promote the child’s achievement of educational goals and learning objectives within a general education classroom setting.
- Supports students by reinforcing personal, social, behavioral, and academic learning goals.
- Assists with classroom management, providing students with needed positive behavioral supports.
- Supports student participation in class activities providing prompting, cueing, modeling, and coaching as needed.
- Promotes student independence, fading supports when appropriate; helping students develop competence and self-confidence.
- Assists school staff in maintaining a safe and effective learning environment for academic and non-academic settings (i.e. lunchrooms, study halls, playgrounds and buses).
- Observes the actions of students and provides input and collects data when required.
- Provides minor clerical assistance to certified staff.
- Accepts field trip, before and after school assignments if available.
- Maintains confidentiality of students at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Terms of Employment:
- 10 Month Position
- Between the hours of 7:45 am - 3:45 pm or 8:15 am 4:15 pm depending on the school needs