DEFINITION: Coordinate, plan and facilitate the maintenance and accessibility of all district web properties (internet and intranet) in order to provide stakeholders with information as it relates to the district while preserving the integrity of the district brand. Design and implement new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class).
- Create, design, manage and update responsive web pages for the district’s intranet and internet
- Create/maintain a functional, user-friendly, attractive internet and intranet
- Optimize website for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement industry and design best practices
- Liaise with IT Department to ensure inter-departmental alignment, efficiency and accessibility
- Participate in the development and integration of graphic and multimedia components in the website, including audio and video
- Manage and administer website permissions for end users of the district’s web services and applications
- Use analytics to track traffic to the website and develop reports to key stakeholders regarding usage and performance
- Ensure website function, accessibility and compatibility across devices (i.e., desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Publish communications/content targeted for specific audiences such as staff, students, parents and/or community in general
- Facilitate and coordinate content management and creation by site administrators by providing the tools and training necessary for sites and/or department to self-manage and maintain content on their sections of the district website
- Manage content creation and updates to ensure all stakeholders are receiving pertinent and relevant information
- Audit website to ensure the district follows best practices and compliance requirements
- Create, organize and manage files and district forms on the intranet
- Develop web forms and databases to collect information
- Conducts training (one-on-one or group) on web design management and content publishing with school and department administrators
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of District policies and procedures
Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Strong alignment with the mission and vision of the organization, positive work culture and public education in general
Knowledge of mobile first, web design, database management and flash/video animation software/methods
Knowledge of, and ability to use, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Analytical and problem-solving abilities
Ability to manage multiple projects independently and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
Ability to communicate with and teach non-technical users
Ability to create a website design from verbal cues
Strong understanding of communications, marketing and customer service principles
Proficient in both MAC and PC platforms
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an indoor environment. Work requires frequent sitting, repetitive motion, vision to monitor and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Three to five (3-5) years experience building/creating websites and one year experience managing a large website
Relevant areas of experience in Web Design, Digital Media, Information Technology, Science or Computer Science, Graphic Design
Proficiency in managing Drupal 8/CMS websites
Experience developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Liberal Arts, Computer Science or related field
Experiential knowledge with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
ASP.NET experience, .NET Framework development
SQL proficiency in administration, development, end-user support
Database design with knowledge and ability to integrate multiple databases
1+ years SDLC implementation experience (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs
Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels
Fluency in both Spanish and English
Additional certifications may also be required as specified by the District.
Depending on the needs of the District, some incumbents in this class must be able to demonstrate fluency in both Spanish and English as a condition of employment.
Salary Grade: PNT Grade 13; $64,001 - $89,616 FTE: 1.0 Days: 260 Start Date: 2021/2022 School Year