Based on expeirence: $45,000
Provides network and computer support to Wheaton Warrenville South High School and assists with all district buildings as needed. This includes, file server, printers, desktop management, digital signage management, data lines, and operating software. Responsible for providing timely and accurate computer support to users. Works collaboratively with all other technology staff. This position will report to the Network Manager.
Consistently demonstrates support of the District 200 mission statement by striving for excellence, contributing to the team effort and showing respect and compassion for students, their families, fellow employees, community members, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the district.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of networking and PC technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
- Some knowledge of Cisco networking.
- Some knowledge of Dell Kace.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with all levels or district staff and vendors.
- Requires knowledge of data cabling standards and installation procedures and experience running cabling.
- Requires excellent customer relations and telephone skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Organizational skills necessary to coordinate the completion of tasks independently as well as with other to meet established deadlines.
- Keeps current computer technology through formal and informal methods.
- The ability to work on their own 70% and team 30%
- Preferred: Bachelor Degree
- Troubleshoots and resolves network and data communication issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolves desktop PC issues.
- Manage and assist with WWSHS computer images
- Installs network hardware and software.
- Manage WWSHS digital signage.
- 2-5 years similar experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear; stand; walk; operate a computer and reach with hands and arms and will frequently repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion such as typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision at a video display terminal or monitor. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds such as boxes of computers, printers and scanners.
The noise level in the work environment is standard with some mechanical room noise.