Speech Language Pathologist
ADAMS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 14
COMMERCE CITY, COLORADO 80022
POSITION: Speech/Language Pathologist
LOCATION: District Office/Any Schools/Any Locations
Projected Start Date 7-26-2021
1.0 FTE 188 days (193 for new Hires)
The speech language pathologist will assess and provide intervention to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develop and promote good relations among community and school clientele.
- Evaluate and determine eligibility for student’s suspected of speech/language disabilities.
- Participate in the IEP process as a part of an interdisciplinary team
- Develop Individual Education Plans for students eligible for speech/language services
- Deliver speech/language services to identified students using a variety of service delivery models.
- Collect data and monitor progress on speech/language goals and objectives.
- Implement Assistive Technology services.
- Participation in the district’s Assistive Technology Team (SWAAAC).
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching, instructional management, interpersonal relationships, professional and general responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement.
- Be an effective communicator with staff, students, parents, and the community in a collaborative services model.
- Demonstrate high integrity with strong desire to model commitment to students, professional ideals and above all, ethical standards in pursuit of education excellence.
- Create a learning environment characterized by effective and efficient process management strategies (e.g., procedures, instructional groups, transition materials and supplies)
- Design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources within the speech-language field to maximize learning in context and to develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes aligned with 21st Century learning.
- When appropriate, provide small group and individualized services to all levels (cognitive delay, autism, learning disabled, emotionally disabled, and speech language eligible students).
- Provide quality, accurate, constructive, corrective, specific and timely feedback to students that encourages them to perform at their highest level.
- Effectively communicate with parents and regular education staff about communication disorders at IEP meetings and conferences.
- Utilize technology and/or other avenues to communicate to stakeholders (website, podcasts etc). Establish student, staff and parental rapport that allows for a proactive response to potential problems.
- Teach, monitor, and collaborate with educational personnel, community agencies, parents, and students to increase understanding of the student’s speech and language needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal and deviant development of receptive, expressive and pragmatic language, articulation, fluency, and voice.
- Participate in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with best practice.
- Use professional literature; evidence based research, and continuing education content to make practice decisions.
- Use professional Code of Ethics and standards of practice to guide ethical decision-making in practice.
- Notify the Principal and Director of Student Services of any failure to implement the requirements of assigned students IEP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess or qualify for a Colorado Professional Special Services license with a Birth-21 Speech/Language Therapist endorsement.
- Master’s in Speech/Language Pathology.
- Bilingual Spanish skills preferred,
but not required.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Valid Colorado Special Services License, Speech-Language Pathologist endorsed.
- Current ASHA Certification (preferred).
SALARY: To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado’s 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.